Scott Van Horne
- Scott Van Horne founded VH Footwear in 1996, and incorporated it in 1999
- Scott was a member of the Canadian National Speed Skating Team from 1995-1999
- Scott earned a bachelors of Science Degree from the University of Calgary in 2001, graduating with distinction
- Scott went on to earn a Masters of Science Degree from the University of Calgary in 2003 with an NSERC scholarship. Scott's thesis on the biomechanics of the skating push was published in the International Journal of Applied Biomechanics.
- Scott began designing custom short track boots in his parent's garage at the age of 14. By the time he turned 20 the extensive hours of research and development paid off, and Scott produced his first functional prototype that Mike Ireland skated to his first World Cup speed skating medal on.
- Ove the next 16 years Scott has been exhaustively working on new technologies and new products. In 2009 Scott focused his efforts on the hockey industry where he designed, developed, set the manufacturing protocol, and set up the factory for a new hockey skate, branded MLX. In 2010 Scott moved his focus back to speed skates and cycling shoes, and in 2011 MLX sold to Easton.
- In 2013 Scott brought the VH hockey skate division to fruition.